The Blog Talker: The Blog About Blogging

The Blog Talker examines the art and craft of blogging, as well as interesting blogs across the Internet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I am a woman. I am a sister, a daughter, and a friend. I am an artist, a writer, a musician, and an activist. I am always a work in progress.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Notepad Necessity

This post sort of falls into the category of "Common Sense -- Which Isn't." A few of my friends who are MySpacers have complained that they type up a long blog entry directly in MySpace, only to have their hard work vanish when they hit the Submit button. They have figured out a secret that hardcore bloggers should know, regardless of their blogging program. Compose your entries in Notepad (or the text editor of your choice) first, save it as a text file, then copy and paste it into your blog's composition screen. You can do the formatting and add the HTML for links at that point. This way, if things go screwy, at least you have a backup. Ditto if your blogging program's server crashes or something goes terribly wrong. Do I practice what I preach? I should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home