The Blog Talker: The Blog About Blogging

The Blog Talker examines the art and craft of blogging, as well as interesting blogs across the Internet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I am a woman. I am a sister, a daughter, and a friend. I am an artist, a writer, a musician, and an activist. I am always a work in progress.

Friday, August 01, 2008

Muxtape

Yesterday, I discovered Muxtape. It is a music social networking tool that allows users to create a "mix tape" of 12 songs, that can be accessed and listened to by anyone else using the service. Some of the rules include only uploading one song per artist, and having permission to upload the songs (as if that one will be adhered to strictly by users). The songs stream online and can't be downloaded, but links to Amazon's MP3 store is available for each song, so that they can be purchased. Muxtapes can be favourited for easy access. There is no obvious way to stop and re-start the music, but I discovered that by clicking once on the song it will stop, and clicking again will re-start it. Songs can also be scrobbled to Last.fm, re-organized, and deleted. I created a Muxtape. I think it is a great way to introduce others to different kinds of music, plus have a way of listening to some of my favourite songs at remote locations if I don't happen to have my iPod handy, or if I want to hear the songs out loud. Here's my Muxtape.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home