The Blog Talker: The Blog About Blogging

The Blog Talker examines the art and craft of blogging, as well as interesting blogs across the Internet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I am a woman. I am a sister, a daughter, and a friend. I am an artist, a writer, a musician, and an activist. I am always a work in progress.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Facebook

Facebook is probably the biggest social networking phenomenon to have developed over the past couple of years. I remember when I first joined, I was one of the "old timers," being over 30. Now, pretty much everyone and their mothers - literally - are on Facebook. Facebook does not have a blog per se, but has applications that can be added for blog functionality, and has a "Notes" feature that many people use as a blog. You post a note, and everyone on your Friends list can read it. I have my Facebook set to import my posts from my LiveJournal blog -- you have the option of importing one blog. So that pretty much ensures that everyone I want to read my posts will have the opportunity. And yes, I probably spend way too much time on Facebook posting photos, playing word games, and catching up with what everyone else is doing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home