The Blog Talker: The Blog About Blogging

The Blog Talker examines the art and craft of blogging, as well as interesting blogs across the Internet.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

I am a woman. I am a sister, a daughter, and a friend. I am an artist, a writer, a musician, and an activist. I am always a work in progress.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Blogs as Websites

I am noticing that more and more people are using blogs as websites. Avoiding website domain name and hosting charges is perhaps one reason. Ease of publishing is likely another. If all someone wants to do is post a few pictures, write about themselves, and link to other sites, everything you need is pretty much there. Blogs are also handy for organizations promoting a time-limited event. Why go through the hassle of setting up a website for something that is going to come and go within a few months? For example, the Edmonton Anarchist Book Fair has set up a website on Blogger, for their event coming up in September.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home